The best floors to install around the pool and have the best summer everWilson Velez
Having a pool to enjoy the summer is excellent and even more so when it is a recreational and exclusive space to have a good time. Decoration and safety are important, therefore, installing floors around the pool is a task that you should take seriously.
Regardless of whether it is an indoor or outdoor pool, it is essential to have a floor suitable for wet areas, prevents slipping and resists the constant presence of water and chlorine.
So, if you are wondering what is the best floor around your pool, below we will share with you a list of the different types of floors we recommend.
Keep in mind…
Knowing the type of outdoor flooring will help you to have a very pleasant and safe environment.
As a general rule, it must comply with these two points:
- To be a safe flooring for people walking around.
- To be a decorative floor to complement the rest of the design of the house.
What to consider when choosing flooring for around the pool?
- One type of floor may require more detailed and continuous maintenance than others, so before choosing, think about how much time, effort, and money you can dedicate to the cleaning, care, and maintenance process.
- Check that the flooring material meets the requirements of a humid area, and confirm that it is anti-reflective and water resistant. But also, keep in mind that the most important thing before choosing flooring to install around a pool, or in any wet area, is that it is non-slip; the aesthetic factor takes a back seat while the safety and practicality of the material stand out.
- Choose a floor that has a high level of resistance to humidity and the fungi that come with it, to chemical products, to rain, and to the sun’s rays.
- Aesthetic factors are relevant for your pool to look neat, pleasant, and in keeping with your home’s decorating style, so choosing the wrong floor may cause your pool’s aesthetics or decorating intention to decline.
- At once, if necessary, detail well where you are going to put each material since you can combine them if you want something unique.
Which floor is best for my pool?
Non-slip tiles for pools are the best option for this purpose, but you should also know the other options, for example, installing ceramic flooring for outdoor pools.
For the floor around the pool you usually choose between these materials:
- Artificial or natural grass
- Rustic stone
- Rustic ceramic
- Concrete or cement
- A combination of several materials.
- Ceramic outdoor pool flooring
The ceramic floors for outdoor pool are the most used. Ceramic is a very resistant and safe material, besides being hygienic for this area of your house.
This floor offers you many options when designing and customizing the pool. It offers many advantages because there are different types of ceramics.
- Natural Stone Flooring
Natural materials will always be a good choice when it comes to wet areas, these provide high level of functionality to the space. Natural stone flooring is resistant and is not easily destroyed by water or chlorine; in addition its surface is non-slip and will provide the necessary safety required for this type of areas.
Usually the stones are installed as a mosaic, on a mesh; this gives a touch of originality while creating organic figures that, visually, are very striking. In addition, in the market you can find them in different colors so that your pool looks as good as the interior of your home.
A great advantage of using stone is that, when moistened, it stays fresh and very comfortable. Remember that 90% of the time you will walk on this floor barefoot.
- Cement Flooring
Cement is a good choice because, like stone, it helps keep the floor cool and, depending on how it is used, it can add modernity to your pool. The advantage of cement is that it can be left plain or patterned to customize spaces.
Cement is usually combined with stone or granite to prevent the stones from peeling and to avoid large water seepage.
If you want to see more options, come to our showroom, remember, our installation processes are usually quite fast and your space will look great.