Interior design: the importance of floors of our homeWilson Velez
Floors of our home are a very important element for the decoration of any space, not just at home or simply for the protection of a surface, therefore it is very important to be very clear about the types of floors that exist and how these are made and their features, in order to choose appropriately, which is the one that best suits the needs of the space where it will be placed.
One of the most fundamental parts in the construction or remodeling of our homes is the selection of the floor. Currently on the market there is a wide variety of options to choose from, such as the ones you can find in our catalogue.
But do you know which type of floor is the one that best suits each room?
One of the most fundamental parts in the construction or remodeling of our homes is the selection of the floor. Currently on the market there is a wide variety of options to choose from, but do you know which type of floor is the one that best suits each room?
The color of the floor should harmonize with the furniture, decoration and the color of the walls.
Among the types of floors that can be found in the market are porcelain, ceramic floors and stone floors, marble floors, and so much more; and they can be subdivided into enameled, polished, imitation wood and textured floors. Other options can be laminate or vinyl floors.
Remember that not all types of flooring will be used for all spaces at home; each one has its specific features and requirements.
Textured floors are recommended for places such as terraces or garages, smooth ones for kitchens, living rooms and dining rooms, while hardwood floor is good for bedrooms. Likewise, there are some imitation wood floors that can be used on terraces.
In the kitchen for example, it is not recommended to install polished floor since it is an area where liquid spills can frequently happen, and also for this area, it is not recommended to place pieces with a lot of texture, since it is a place that It must be clean for food preparation, and this floor should last longer.
The ideal type of floor for every home room
- Rooms: as we just said, you can use imitation of wood or hardwood flooring, because it gives warmth to the room. Laminate flooring can also be installed, which because it gives the same sensation and is warm to the touch.
- Living room: it is recommended to use ceramic flooring, glass flooring or porcelain flooring, in a very light color, so this room looks wide. You can also use marble or any natural stone flooring for interior spaces.
- Garage: the ideal is a textured porcelain floor in dark colors, since this helps so that if the garage has a little slope, the car does not slip in winter, time when the floor can become more slippery.
- Bathroom: in the shower area, you can install a non-slip porcelain tile, while outside the shower you can use a floor that is as similar to the colors with which the walls are painted and also non-slip.
- Terrace: the recommendation here is to install a textured floor that can be rectangular or square. You can also place hardwood flooring non-slip of course, since the outdoor areas tend to get wet from the rain.
And please remember:
Only if it has very good lighting is it recommended to install floors in dark tones and colors, but if the house has little natural lighting, what is recommended for us is to put light floors so as not to reduce the space.
The current trend is to place flooring with large formats in imitation of marble, smooth, and wood; however, it is recommended to consult well with your interior decorator and we us in http://0k3.2bd.mywebsitetransfer.com/ before making a decision.